Saturday, June 13, 2020

Obedience

Saturday 6/13/20 6:44 AM
Yesterday I wrote about the fact that I should share the new songs and insights God has given me over the past few months with the broader Christian community. As I read Psalm 40 this morning, verses 9-10 caught my attention. “I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.” Once again, God is sending me the message.
I have a tendency to procrastinate when it comes to following through on what I think God might be telling me to do. I often carry on an internal debate about the wisdom of following through, which ultimately results in no action on my part. These words by François Fénelon encourage me to change that pattern, “It appears to me that true fidelity consists in obeying God in everything and following the light that points out our duty, and His spirit that prompts us to do it; with the desire of pleasing Him, without debating about great or little sins, about imperfections or unfaithfulness; for though there may be a difference in fact, to the soul that is determined to do all His will there is none.” I pray that God will give me the courage to act without debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment