Friday, October 13, 2017

No Worries

Friday 10/13/2017 6:45 AM
Over the course of the past month or so different parts of world have experienced many natural and manmade disasters. Hurricanes Harvey and Maria devastated Texas, many Caribbean islands, and Florida, there was a mass shooting by a terrorist in Las Vegas, bombings in the Middle East, an earthquake in Mexico, and wildfires in California. Each disaster brought with it terror, devastation, and loss of life. There are stories of miraculous survival and also those of tragic loss. In addition to these disasters North Korea has been testing intercontinental ballistic missiles and they have detonated a hydrogen bomb while the presidents of the two countries wage a war of words that suggests nuclear war. If news sources are to be believed we need to live in fear of what may happen next.
What a welcome change it was to read Psalm 3:3-6 this morning. They provide a different perspective to that of the local and national news. “But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the one who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.”
I do not believe that just because I believe in God he will keep everything bad from happening to me but I do believe that God provides for what I need regardless of what happens. In spite of what comes my way God will sustain me in and through it using the unlimited resources he has available. That allows me to sleep at night without worry in a world beset with trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment