Wednesday, April 10, 2013

God's Gift


Wednesday 4/10/2013 4:04 AM
This past weekend I mowed my lawn, weeded the flowerbeds, trimmed the bushes and watered everything.  I love working in my yard, making everything look neat and clean while enjoying the outdoors.
For the last two days Jaci and I took care of Trey, Quinn, and Crew while Andy and Jessica spend a few days away.  Jaci did the majority of the work when I was at school but when I came home I played with toys on the floor with the kids, I changed dirty diapers, I wiped snotty noses, played tag and hide and seek, kicked a ball and played other made up games using out imaginations while running outside with them on the front lawn.  I read books, watched kids movies, fed them snacks and meals and tucked them in bed after prayers and kisses.  I love being with the grandkids.
The last couple of days at school I taught my classes, tutored students in the tutoring center, met with colleagues, wrote and corrected quizzes, updated my website, and talked with various secretaries, custodians and groundskeepers.  I love my job.
My assigned scripture for today includes Ecclesiastes 3:12-13, “I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.  That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil – this is the gift of God.”  I have received a greater gift than most.  Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment