Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Hallelujah Life


Wednesday 12/26/2012 6:25 AM
Yesterday Jaci and I went on our annual Christmas Day motorcycle ride through Turnbull Canyon in the late afternoon.  As we crested the top of the hill the setting sun cast a red hue over the LA basin.  We continued down the east side of the hill and as we came south on the pass on Colima Road the entire southern sky was a brilliant red, reflecting a radiant red pillar of cloud illuminated by the setting sun.  It was quite a display of the beauty of nature.
Since it was Christmas day I also spent some time reflecting on the mystery of God becoming man, entering our sin-scarred world to redeem it and reconcile it to himself.  As I ran this morning the song What Can I Do by Paul Baloche played on my phone.  “When I see the beauty of a sunset's glory, amazing artistry across the evening sky.  When I feel the mystery of a distant galaxy it awes and humbles me to be loved by a God so high.  When I hear the story of a God of mercy who shared humanity and suffered by our side, of the cross they nailed you to that could not hold you, now you’re making all things new by the power of your risen life.  What can I do but thank you, what can I do but give my life to you.  Hallelujah, hallelujah!  What can I do but praise you, everyday make everything I do a hallelujah, a hallelujah.  Hallelujah!”  What a perfect song to cap my day yesterday.  I pray that my life will be an offering of praise and thanks like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment